Last Friday, had a chat with a PE teacher who suddenly asked me if I really want to take on this path as a teacher. He was telling me how this is like The Army, experience counts for nothing, only the degree does. A 50 year-old WO will still be under a 30 year-old LTC because of qualifications. The higher HQ will not see your effort in doing the morally right things, they only want to see results. Perhaps that is why students nowadays are so result-oriented, screwed up.
Thanks to that conversation though, I'm reconsidering taking a sports science related degree and going out to work before becoming a teacher. In fact, I may well be going for a Diploma in Physiotherapy, then a degree or masters overseas! Honestly, this friend of mine know me for barely 2 weeks and he is teaching me stuff like a big brother, telling me the inside story of this job, his personal issues and giving his advice. It is clear, either I take the short and sweet path of going NIE through contract teaching, or the 1 I mention above. Money is a concern, my results probably not good enough to get scholarships too. Shall make a decision by October.
Very fulfilling weekends, dinner with SK & co. on Friday night, 2D1N buffet with 37th EXCO(essentially) on Saturday night, classic breakfast on Sunday morning and spectacular F1 Race at night! I can't believe how good life my uncles are. 2 of them driving BMW and Mercs, the other 1 is a big shot in the police force. Apparently he has lots of connections and his friend actually gave him 4 F1 tickets worth $548 each, that's a staggering $2196!!! I can only conclude that it is someone trying to pull strings too... Went with my grandpa and we left just halfway into the event, so wasted!
Too much to say, but not in the correct mood. I know I made the right decisions and I will continue making them.
P.S.: It's my life
No comments:
Post a Comment