For the days i didn't work, i have been having nightmares. It started off with you ignoring me. Twice, i woke up feeling heartache. But then, something happened. I dreamt that i left to study in the US without leaving a word. After i arrived, i realized what it means to me if i never get to see my parents again. That day was the first time i cried in reality while dreaming.
To be honest, because of the nature of my parents' work, i have always spent more time with friends than family. Before i entered RSS, my mother would bring me to grandma house every saturday. Then somewhere around P4, the rental fee for the coffeshop increased + economic crisis, my parents had to put more effort tending the stall and had lesser time for me. I even had to work for them as waiter after school and on weekends. Of course, all these was to provide a conducive studying environment for me. I still remember, travelling alone to my grandparents' place from Bedok to Tiong Bahru at that young age, i was so afraid. But that was the start of my independence. Still, things didn't improve and our electricity was cut. I had to study under candlelight and bathe in cold water. So you can't be poor if you had better life than me, quit complaining cause even i didn't. Back then, i rarely fall sick and i think it was the environment that made me tougher. I didn't really studied very hard for PSLE but i think the maths paper was easy and i may have gotten full marks or close to it. That pulled up my score. I didn't have confidence for my other paper given the fact i was always effed so hard by teachers. Generally, I didn't have much regrets when life was tough, except for how i treated Jem. Sorry dear friend.
Time to sleep, has got a date with cousins tomorrow. Part 2 shall continue tomorrow.
P.S.:I'm confused yet relieved to see it. A pity i will never get to hear it now that my phone is spoil.
No comments:
Post a Comment